Working in partnership with a local joinery manufacturer, Aldridge Loft Conversions Ltd can produce bespoke staircases and joinery to complement your loft conversion.
From a fully equipped workshop in Walsall, we are able to create handmade staircases to whatever size and shape is required. Our staircases are available in a range of softwood and hardwood timbers, as are the many varieties of handrails, spindles, newel posts and ballustrade systems.
Key facts when planning a staircase:
- The pitch or angle of the stairs must not exceed 42 degrees.
- The height of each step (called the rise) must be between 150mm and 220mm.
- The length of each tread (called the going) must be between 220mm and 300mm.
- The generally accepted minimum width is 600mm but between 700mm to 750mm is recommended.
- Ideally you will require 2 metres of headroom at all points going up the stairs but the rule can be relaxed so long as there is 1.9 metre headroom at the centre of the stairs.
- Landing areas must be equal to the minimum width of the staircase.
Upon the initial visit, Aldridge Loft Conversions Ltd will give guidance as to the best location, size and style of staircase for your loft conversion.